Friday, May 20, 2011

Natural Birth

I've decided that I am definitely going to go as natural as possible with this birth. (of course this is subject to change, because I can't predict the future, but this is the plan) I've been reading a lot about natural childbirth and it just sounds like the right thing for me. I know it will be very painful, but it is going to be pain that has a purpose. After she comes out the worst pain will be over. Plus women have been giving birth for centuries without hospitals, doctors, and pain medications. So I'm sure that natural birth is possible and definitely not the worst choice in the world. 
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I do have a very high tolerance for pain. The only reason I even tolerate pain so well is because I have been experiencing physical pain almost constantly for most of my life. I don't know a life without pain. So the way I see it, if I can do this day in and day out, I can definitely tolerate the pain of labor and delivery.
I know there are some women out there that think it's just stupid to subject yourself to that kind of pain if you don't have to. They also think women who go all natural are just weird/crazy. I also know that lots of people think that once I get into labor and feel all that pain I'll for sure change my mind. Let me tell you something though, if you honestly think that about me, you obviously don't know me very well. At least not as well as you thought you did. 
I'm actually somewhat excited to be doing this all naturally. I'm also very scared, but I think that's mostly just because it's something new that I've never done before. 

I do wish that I had friends up here that I could talk to about all of this. I guess that's what I'll just use this blog for. I'm just too shy. 

Here are a few of the crib sets that I am currently in love with. 



Obviously I have a thing for the color green and paisley. I think the one in the middle is my most favorite.
I'm sure I'll change my mind a couple more times before we actually buy anything. When you have as much time on your hands as I do, you gotta find something to do. 


Lately I've been taking a lot of photos of myself and my huge belly, then I edit them. I think it's fun. 
Don't judge me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment