Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was one of the best days I've had in long while. Devin didn't have to go to work so we got to spend the whole day together doing whatever we wanted. So we decided to go to Bateman's Island, which is on the Columbia River. It was pretty nifty. We weren't able to hike very far because there were huge puddles on the path that we couldn't get around. I was also having some pains due to the fact that my little baby has found some nerves to lay on. So we just went as far as we could then turned around. Here are a few photos that I took of the island. 


After we were done hiking around on the island we went and drove down the river a little more. We found a pond that had a ridiculous amount of birds at it. All varieties too. 



I also never would of thought that there would be seagulls in this part of Washington, but they are all over.

We later met up with some of the other couples that are up here with us and took some pictures. 
These are the other couples, minus Devin and I. The couple on the far left were just here visiting. 

Devin and I mostly just took pics of the others, cause I didn't really want a bunch of pictures of me and my ginormous belly. We did still get a few pictures of us together. Just not a ton. 




After we were done taking pictures we went and got some meat to cook for the office barbecue later. 
After we took the meet home to put it in the fridge we went and drove around the Tri-Cities area. Devin showed me some of the areas that he has worked in and we went on the other side of the river. Devin insisted on taking a couple pictures of me.

Here is a picture of the river.

And a picture of us on a swing that was right by the river. Ignore the odd look on my face.



After we were done here we went to one of Devin's follow-up appointment, where he got a sale. So that was good. Then we went to the barbecue. I don't have pictures of the barbecue, cause I forgot my camera in the car. The barbecue was a lot of fun though. 
Oh... and we went hot tubbing with the other couples that night. Unfortunately I don't get to sit in the tub, so I just sit on the side with my legs in. Still fun, but uncomfortable after a while. 

All in all yesterday was a very good day. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your pictures, Sarah! You are really good. :) I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little one! I'm not that far away, we live in Oregon, so we will have to try and plan on seeing you guys sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great Blog about your Memorial Day! We sure enjoyed it!! Fun Pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete