Monday, March 28, 2011

Cloth Diapers

Yes, I think I'm going to do it. Just after reading all of the stuff I've read like: 

    It can take 200-500 YEARS for a disposable diaper to decompose in a landfill and there are 50 MILLION of those diapers dumped every day. (What are we doing to our planet?!)
    Babies who use cloth diapers potty train sooner/easier, as long as you change them quickly. They potty train up to 24 months early. It's only in the US and other places that use disposables that kids don't potty train as late as 36-48 months. The US used to be like other countries and potty train sooner, but once disposables were introduced people began to push it back. (Are we really that lazy? Why?)
    It DOES cost less to use cloth too. You can buy good quality cloth diapers and use them on more than just one child, PLUS if you keep them in good enough shape you can resell them when you no longer need them. (Can you do that with disposables?)
    Also, I've talked to other moms and from their experience they recommend starting cloth diapers with your first child so that you can be in the habit of it before all the other kids come along. (Makes sense to me.)
   Plus as far as I've heard, the main reason women use disposables is because it's easy. Easy? Really? That's it? You have no other good reasons? Well that definitely doesn't make me want to use disposables. I need a little better reason than that.
  There are a bunch of other reasons why I choose cloth over disposables, but I don't feel like listing them all. So there is just a few of the reasons. As far as I'm concerned cloth diapers ARE worth it. 
People, don't be rude about my choice, ESPECIALLY if you have NO personal experience with cloth diapers. It's my choice to make, not yours. 

(sorry for the rant there. I just had to get it out. some people are just so thick headed.)
(p.s. cloth is the best choice in my opinion, but I don't have anything against people who use disposables. it's your choice. i will still probably use disposables on occasion, they just aren't going to be my main way of diapering.)


Anyways... if any of you out there have any ideas, advice, or anything else you would like to share about cloth diapers please let me know. I don't know everything so I'm very open to hearing other people. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment